Monday, November 15, 2004

Trip to NZ: Frank Josef Glacier

Frank josef Glacier, as the name stated, is a place where you can see glacier. It is really a fantastic place to go as you won't be able to see such scenary in M'sia. I went for a half day hiking in the glacier. It was really tiring but the experience is worthwhile. The half day hiking last for about 4 hrs. For the hiking purposes, i have to wear a 1.5kg boot and also a crampon. The crampon is to grip the ice when you are hiking on the glacier. To tell the truth, it was really very dangerous. Had any member from my group lost their balance, all of us would have easily fall off. As you can see from the pictures below, the walk was very narrow and slippery!!! I had trouble making sure that i don't fall down and i am sure the rest of my team members faced the same situation. well... you can see for yourself how dangerous it was. but don be intimidated by my description. really, the experience is really worth all the trouble. You should try it too !!!!



i was there on 13 and 14 Nov 2004. On 14th, i did my half day hiking !!

No comments: