Sunday, September 26, 2004

1st day in Canberra: War Memorial & Floriade

Arrived at Canberra airport about 8.45am. Board on a cab to bring me to my hotel:City Walk Hotel as shuttle buses do not operate on weekends. The hotel is more like a hostel as it is suited for backpackers. AUD$22 per night with kitchen facilities, clean linen, donna , a common area, toilets and shower rooms). FYI, the $22 is for a night where u share room with another 5 person (yeap..it is six bed per room). Not bad. i do like the hotel anyway as it is clean. Below is a picture of the room.

after i checked in my room, i went straight to the War Memorial by a bus (by the way, the bus interchange is just directly in front of my hotel:convenient right??? hehe....). Cost me about AUD$2.40 for the bus fare. With international student card, u will be able to get a concession price which is about AUD$1.30. Well...on the whole, war memorial is like what the name suggest, "WAR MEMORIAL". So everything u see is about war. Well...for those who like history very very much, this is the place for u!!! **WINK** However, for me, well...it does give me a very eerie feeling... some of the sculpture there makes me scared...hahaha... I spent about 3 hrs there.


After that i went to Floriade, the famous flower extravaganza. Beautiful. really lovely. I love it. Below are a few pictures on Floriade. to tell the truth, i don quite dare to ask ppl to take picture for me at the very beginning, therefore, the only pict of me in the war memorial is the above pict...hehehe... **blush**, ppl shy ma.... However, at the Floriade, as the flowers are too beautiful, i gather my courage and started asking people to take photos for me...haha... (FYI, i went to Canberra alone, a real fantastic experience!! **wink**). on the right side of the photo is capt.cook memorial jet. it only operates from 10-12pm and also from 2-4pm. Well...after that, which is about 4pm. I was very very tired as i did not sleep the day before, so i went back to the hotel and slept at 6pm. unfortunately woke up at 12 midnight and just tossed and turned about in my bed until 5.30am where i got up to take a bath...:( sad....



No comments: