Sunday, August 22, 2004

Ski Trip In Mt Hotham

Today is the day i am finally able to ski, make snowman and see REAL snow. The feeling of excitement caused me to abandon my sleeping and stayed up whole night until 3.45am in the morning of 22 Aug 2004 to board the Uni bus that brought us to Mt Hotham. I tried sleeping in the bus but it was useless. I am too excited. When the bus finally arrived at Mt Hotham, i can't help but rushing myself to get my skiing gear and had everything ready for the skiing lesson. However, all my excitement was drenched off when i started to realize the adventurous journey of skiing. Let me make is as simple as possible to associate my skiing adventure. "SKIING is HELL". All my dream of skiing like a PRO and make my friends envious was thoroughly backfired when I practically fell down in every imaginable ways.!!!

My friends and i decided to go to the summit of Mt Hotham and get some good shots.... i was so happy and glad that i followed them up when i saw the exquisitely scenery. However, after about an hour of photo taking, all my gladness and happiness just disappeared and was substituted with fear of going down the dangerously steep slope. i tried letting myself relaxed and went down like normal..... it was ok for only about 1 minutes and then the "heroic" fall performances begun again. Eventually, after about 3 falls, i gave up and took off my skiing gear. I walked all the way down the slope. My GOD...it takes almost hours and hours to reach below. Well...i am glad that i experienced it and i seriously don't want to endure that ever again !!!!


No comments: